9July2026 - FB is pretty much on my rear view mirror now, except for "Following" other photographers and artists/craftspersons. I also check my FB Memories most mornings since I've been so bad at organizing and saving my photos. 27Jun2025 - This is turning into a journal/journey-down-memory-lane thing. I'm looking through my old photo albums, and at the same time, other memories and thoughts are popping up in my mind. This is what old(er) people do, yes? 9May2025 - I decided to leave FB, and just share my photos etc here. Thank you to the special people who check in here...October2025 - I'm back... (7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.)

Thursday, July 16, 2026

I like watching Cebu City wake up in the morning. I’m often awake by 4am, and I’m done with my meditation around 4:30/4:45. It’s still dark outside and my view is what I call our “night lights”. I remember 10+ years ago, before the Citadines Hotel and the Bayfront were built, obstructing my view now… I would watch the flickering lights of vehicles coming down from the hills of the “countryside” north of us. They were mostly motorbikes I think, heading down into the city for their early morning jobs. The flickering lights were when the trees opened up a little and their headlights would show through. 6:16am now, and the sun is rising from my right, and the larger buildings here are casting shadows west of us. I’ll share a photo of our building and the hotel shadows with this post. I took this shot awhile back. This is the view looking West. Our bldg shadow is the bottom center, the hotel is on the left and Metrobank is the shorter shadow on the right. My weather app says it’s 77F and Cloudy in Cebu right now, but all I see is blue sky. And there’s a nice breeze coming in through the window right now…

No comments: