7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Friday, June 28, 2024

Theses images (Sesshu 1420 – 1506) popped up in my FB Memories this morning (Excellent Art Japan & Asia page on FB). I have to do some research. When I worked at an English Language School in Ube City Japan, my boss took us to a temple or garden that was associated with Sesshu? He was inspired by Chinese landscapes, but "Sesshū's work holds a distinctively Japanese style". I could be wrong considering my memory nowadays, and it was 43 years ago! - 1981. I remember being surprised and impressed because Sesshu (1420 – 1506) was one of my favorite Japanese ink landscape painters. I just checked on Wikipedia, and I read "Sesshū worked under Shūbun for 20 years before leaving Kyoto for a small provincial zen temple in western Japan."

No comments:

Post a Comment