7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thank you Mary's neighbor Donna for the knee brace recommendations! I walked just under 4 miles both Monday and Tuesday, brisk walks with no pain. Yesterday I walked the perimeter of the newly proposed NHL/NBA Arena here in Tukwila. I've been walking here for many years, but I keep finding places I haven't explored. This is the first time I have walked out by the Tukwila Train Station. I started out by the Sounders facility in Ft Dent, and walked around the Family Fun Center and under the the Grady Overpass to get to the proposed site. Looking at the Google Earth image in general, it's bordered by Hwy 181 on the left, Longacres Wy on the bottom, the train tracks along Longacres Dr SW on the right, and 405 on top. Longacres Way dead ends at the Station, which is very nice by the way, and my walk continued E/NE along some nice paths through a marshy area with a small lake. I ended up zigzag-in through an area with several Boeing buildings (they're Everywhere!) and back to Grady Way. From there, I walked back W over the bridge and back to Ft Dent and my car. Nice walk, and with all of the conveniences and amenities nearby, I was thinking what a super place for a new arena!



No comments:

Post a Comment