7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Saturday, August 6, 2016

I went to the "Seattle Art Fair" this morning. It surprised me. I haven't seen so much good art in one place in a long time, and I walked around with my mouth wide open for a bit. Galleries from all over, both National and International, were well represented, and one in particular gave me pause. The Robischon Gallery, in Denver, is where the work of a special friend of mine is shown. It's times like this when I miss Jim Colbert very much. We used to go to art exhibitions together. Once we even went on a 2-week Amtrak rail pass to visit galleries and museums in Chicago, NY and DC... We would jump on a train and ride wherever at night, sleeping, to save the costs of hotels, and during the day we would explore and visit museums, etc. Jim's paintings are listed under JIM COLBERT ESTATE on the robischon gallery website. "Estate". Makes me sad, but I like his work.
http://robischongallery.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment