7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Sunday, June 20, 2021

There's a good article in this morning's Times about the Indigenous Coast Salish people from this area. I took some photos of totem poles during our walk yesterday. The first totem pole is in the park at the North end of the Pike Place Market, and the second one is further South in the Pioneer Square area.  "The totem pole, also sometimes referred to as a monumental pole, is a unique, hand-carved monument created by Indigenous peoples of the Northwest Coast of North America to variously portray family legends and lineage, spirituality, sacred or mythological beings, and culturally important animals, people or events."











No comments:

Post a Comment