7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Friday, April 13, 2018

Cebu Post #1
13Apr2018
Hi there y’all,
2 weeks and 3 days into our Cebu adventure, and I’m finally going to start my family and friends Cebu journal thing. 2+ weeks down and lots of condo makeover things accomplished. I have enjoyed this process a lot! Dealing with salespersons, working with Jomar and Berta, the two guys doing most of the work, even our “journeys” to the far reaches of Cebu for specific items we need. Just looking out at Filipino Life as we drive by, it’s a wonder. I’m getting better with my crouching duck walk up and into Jeepneys - no head bonking or stepping on toes. Yeah me! And when we have more than a few items, we take taxis back home, which is better for taking photos. I actually like the slowed traffic with traffic jams. Depending on where we slow down or stop, there are more photo ops! I posted a few photos to FB the other day, and I will continue to post my regular kind of cr photos there. My blog will have more “words”. I wish I was a better writer, but I’m not.
ps - they do Not walk here, with the heat and humidity... I haven’t begun my regular morning walks yet, and yesterday I decided to walk to the IT Park area (Information Technology..., where all of Cebu’s main bank and business headquarters are located) from the Fuente Circle where we live. My phone battery died and I wasn’t quite sure which direction to go on my return trip, so I asked a few people en route. More than once, there answer was “14D”, the number of the Jeepney going to Fuente. I tried to explain that I want to walk, I like walking, and they persisted “14D”. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment