7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Thursday, April 19, 2018


I will never tire of these views. I remember fantasizing about this kind of thing even when I was living in a trailer in the woods by Carbonado. I imagined being up on a mountain looking down on some city lights...





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My breakfast this morning, the leftovers from last night’s Chow King take-out. I should have taken a photo. Next time. The Chinese style “Lariat” w chicken, and a regular Halo Halo. We finished the Halo Halos last night.
Headed out on a few “missions” shortly, following a shower. Unlike hopping in the car and planning to hit Costco for gas, going to Home Depot, stopping off at a Target, etc, and getting back home in 1 to 1 1/2 hours, life is different here. Even walking down the sidewalk is slow. Of course, a lot of that has to do w the climate. I just saw Inday off in a Jeepney, on her own mission. My goals for this mid-day are: P.O. to post a few letters; check w the condo management office about bringing in the carpenter again (I decided to do a hand-off of some of the on-going honey-dos...); walk to and/or taxi to Banilad to our bank branch (I’ve gone on some very interesting walks while here, sometimes making as good a time as I would have being stuck in traffic w Jeepneys or Taxis). I haven’t looked at a map yet, but I’m guessing a Jeepney or Taxi will probably prevail. I already had a nice walk this morning. My goal was to find a place Inday saw online, and get a brochure, etc. I love meandering, and I wandered all over the place en route. I am amazed at the number of businesses and enterprises, some of them itty bitty little places in just this one to two block area.

No comments:

Post a Comment