7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Friday, January 19, 2024

I took some Jeepney photos the other day while I was waiting for one of the parades to start. It will be a sad day when they phase out these older Jeepneys. I understand the issues with climate-change, but as an artist/craftsperson, it's sad. Filipino Jeepneys are so unique and special: the colors, the family and vehicle names, the religious and pop icons painted on them, on and on. I won't miss my duck walking and bending my head down when I get into one of them, and most of the window openings are below my eye level. The newer busses that are being introduced now have large windows, and I can actually stand up in them, but what are we giving up?

No comments:

Post a Comment