7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Saturday, July 15, 2023

"Chuckie is a Daydreamer": that's what Mrs Carr wrote on my 3rd Grade report card. One of the things I like about my morning walks, besides the fresh air, early rising sun and so on, is how my mind meanders through my memories when I'm walking. I'm an agnostic, and I remembered one of the few prayers I've had since I was a teenager. It was around 2am on the first night of the Tet Offensive (30Jan1968), in Chu Lai, Vietnam. After the first incoming mortars (we called them "rockets") stopped, and we were sitting outside the bunkers waiting for the signal horns telling us to go to our assigned jobs, I said to myself: "god, if you exist, I'm just covering my bases here...thank you" :) I have very few photos from Vietnam. We were in a "Headquarters" area fortunately, and this was the "Fisherman's Gate" guardpost we had down by the water. My fellow soldier's name was Joe DeSapio. He was from New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment