7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Saturday, July 1, 2023

These two photos of my "boxes" were in my FB Memories this morning. The fat one with marine plywood was around 8"? in diameter. I was on a photo shoot down by the Mukilteo Ferry, and after I returned home, I remembered we left this piece on the rock down at the beach. Yikes! It was still there when I returned. The taller "Walking Box" made out of walnut was around 16-18" tall, and I remember tipping it while sanding and the little "beak" drawer came out and cracked. Two pieces. Again, Yikes! But being a hardwood like walnut, it was a clean break. I applied some good wood glue etc and it was good to go. I also drilled a little hole and put in a small dowel in upper inside cavity, so it wouldn't fall out if you tipped it like that. You could raise the front of the drawer a little if you wanted to remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment