7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Friday, February 2, 2024

Carinderia Tricycles #2: the guys across the street were "watching the world go by" just like me. Sometimes, a rider would stop to say hi and visit with them. "Chika chika" is slang for gossiping in the Philippines. "'Have you heard about the latest chika (gossip)?' or 'Ano’ng chika mo?' (What’s new with you?)" It was fun listening to Inday visit with the carinderia lady, seeing the smiles and laughter across the street, and just watching the parade of so many people and vehicles move through the market area...

No comments:

Post a Comment