7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

I don't think about religious connotations that much when I'm taking photos in churches. Colors, lines, textures, etc are what interest me. The candles here, with their sort of Blah colors, were fascinating. I liked the flames still going on some of them, the drooping columns of candles that had shorter lives, and the tiny rivers of colored wax that flowed down to collect in the bottom trays. It's a bit of a leap, but the bottom trays reminded me of walking across some frozen-in-time lava flows of Hawaii's Kilauea volcanoe. I was with my brother Mike in the late 80s, and we were in Hawaii the day that the small town of Kalapana was cut off forever by the latest eruption. Kalapana was famous for it's black sand beaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment