7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Sujatha, is this the box u remember? The dimensions were approximately 7x16x5, and I remember that I made it for a Special Project I signed up for with an Art Prof for 5 credits. When I took it in at the end of the Qtr, he told me to give myself a grade. Like a dummy?, I gave myself a "B" because it wasn't finished. Oh well. I also remember meeting Armen Stephanian, the "unofficial mayor of Fremont" at the time. He's the face of the dog in the "Waiting for the Interurban" sculpture by the Fremont Bridge. I was sitting in front of "Toad Hall", a group house where I was renting a room, working on the lid carving when he came to visit one of my roommates. He pointed out that I was going to hurt myself if I didn't stabilize the wood better.



"Waiting for the Interurban" - the sculptor, Richard Beyer, "made the face of the dog to resemble Fremont political leader and the city's "godfather of recycling" Armen "Napoleon" Stephanian, who Beyer had public disagreements with in the 1970s." I googled this photo. People like to dress up the figures...



No comments:

Post a Comment