7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Friday, November 24, 2023

When I cut back on my photo walks in September, I started carving again. The first two shots are details from when I started this piece, which is 10" in diameter. One of my favorite parts of this process is watching the grains and colors come out when I rub in the oil. I'll upload more photos after I do that. My name, Reinholz, means Clean Wood in German. The "kanji" (Japanese writing using Chinese characters) for Reinholz would be 清森 (清 means clean/pure, and 森 means wood/forest). My hanko (my name stamp in Japanese), would be pronounced "kiyo-mori".

No comments:

Post a Comment