7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Saturday, December 25, 2021

* Typhoon Odette hit on Thursday evening, 16Dec...

Part 2

some photos soon...

---------------------------------

Sunday 9 am-ish

Day 3 - no elec no water no internet


we scored a cig lighter last night

for our one candle


and a 5-Liter jug of water


little 1/8" chunks of "shatter-proof" pieces of glass keep appearing

like they've been hiding somewhere the past few days

and sticking in places like the bed sheet I use on the old leather lounge chair they didn't steal during Covid...

I HATE leather! In this climate it sticks to your body when you sit on it

Dumb! dumb!



I found the best place with a little breeze, to sit and write


there are workers out on the top of Metrobank below us, cleaning offices I guess that were inundated with debris and rain water during the typhoon


little red spots on my upper body where miniscule bits of glass embedded until I scratched at them thinking they were bug bites

eeeuuuu...


after 2 days, making the trek down 16 flights of stairs

the condo reception area completely dark

one or two workers

"no updates..."


lots of walkers on the streets

when many people here live on p400 a day, even 11 pesos for a Jeepney ride when your job has shut down is too much

many walking W/SW to the old downtown Colon area - cheaper goods


Japanese fountain pens

nostalgia

"...pretty things..." (short phrase wrapping around the pen)


SCORE! since "WRITING" here has become one of my main vehicles of enjoyment during daytime hours

- writing tools have become more important

SCORE! again - I found 2 of the "207 Signo" uni-ball ball point pens I bought before leaving Bothell


a clipboard, some Japanese "pretty..." fountain pens and a bottle of ink, and some better paper


this, while in my mind, thinking I will dictate these words into my computer whatever

transcribe? (* fail)



our main mission today

water

AM/FM radio

candles

INFORMATION

EATING OUT AT A FOOD PLACE


thinking about pulling out my Xacto knives and blocked out boxes, and doing some carving

during daylight hours


1:52pm Sunday

just back from water search and lunch at Robinsons Food Court


saw Lenie, Inday's sister on the street

worried about us

no elec, etc in Oprra too!

also X = cell phones/internet


best to Not towel off sweaty body

even though No sweat smell

still damp

instead of wiping wet body down, just take off my shirt - if fortunate enough, catch a breeze - feels so good!


"I'm not a Writer, but I play one..." with this writing.


there was a fly who was BEGGING to be dispatched from this world when I was meditating this afternoon - trying to anyway!


Sunday - Day 3 continued - notes from sitting in R food court basement

only candles at Handyman are "scented" itty bitty candles for p150 ($3)

no thank you


I actually like this going back in time

to WRITING

down thoughts

before computers


we "ate out" at R Food Court before standing in line(s) at R Grocery Store, and the little bakery on the Fuente Osmena Circle (*FRESH! hot out of the oven fresh!)


SO happy just now

I found a plastic zip-lock bag I had packed, w some sandpaper & my #11 Xacto blades

I remember thinking when I was packing - "I might want to do some "wood-carving" or whatever when we get to Cebu

Voila! as the French say

although limted by the shorter daylight hours here, that time has arrived!


my hand and forearm are all sweaty

sticks to the paper



I like the occasional wafts of breeze that float by, and cool my damp body


(* - this transcribing my longhand by typing is a drag. I'm considering splurging on a Speech to Text app. Man! I had some "Dragon" software on one of my older computers way back when. Oh well...)


today's impressions/thoughts


dark staircases going down and up 16 flights of stairs

and with our apt's 15' facades (w/lofts), the stairs between each floor are 4 flights of 8-9 steps each...


part of Lenie's house in Oprra was blown off, and they had to cover it with a tarp


Chung Hwa Hospital is now Hung Hwa Hospital. The "C" was blown off in the typhoon.


Also, I'm sad to say, the Amazing, beautiful Fuente Osmena Circle Xmas tree was destroyed

I had planned on getting my Canon SLR out for the first time w an xmas tree photo shoot

some YouTube videos from earlier this month will have to do

what is left is this small mountain of crumpled metal and lights in front of the original base where it stood

sad...

it was amazing, with all the lights, colors, and blinking & syncronized movements, etc.

and beautiful during the day as well, with the wonderful metal work and sculptural designs, and colors...



I got photos of the moon-rise last night

I forgot to look at the time this morning, but I also got some photos of the moon-set

Very cool...

a first for me I think...


--------------------------

--------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment