7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Over 80% of Filipinos are Catholic.

"The devotion to the Sto. Niño in the Philippines is as old as the history of Christianity in the country. The image of Sto. Niño was given to Queen Juana by Ferdinand Magellan after she was baptized with her husband, King Humabon, in Cebu in 1521."

https://santoninodecebubasilica.org/chronicles/viva-pit-senor-viva-senor-santo-nino/

I visited three of the Buddhist Temples in Cebu City this past week. The young man in the last photo was returning home from a Santo Nino celebration.













No comments:

Post a Comment