7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Monday, June 27, 2022

I haven't laughed so hard and so many times in a long time as I did yesterday. Inday and I attended the "Champions of Change" celebrity basketball game at the remodeled Climate of Change arena. The organization is lead by former NFL Champions Doug Baldwin, Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril https://championsofchange.org
The coaches for the two teams were Sue Bird/Marshawn Lynch and Gary Payton/Shawn Kemp...'nuf said, and the lineups for both teams! The play-by-play announcers were Kevin Calabro and “Community” star Joel McHale, and Michael Bennett joined them after Halftime. Bennett was one of the highlights for me, as was Lynch. Lynch was really having fun, so much so that Sue Bird sat on the bench most of the time, and enjoyed the show with the rest of us. Joel McHale's play-by-play commentary was hilarious!
The whole day was an extraordinary excursion. I didn't take many photos because I was just soaking in the experience. Just one of the high points was when we were navigating our way from the waterfront and Pike Place Market to the Monorail Station at Westlake, and we merged with the Pride Parade crowd on 5th Avenue...

No comments:

Post a Comment