7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Sunday, July 3, 2022

Posted 6 years ago, 3July2016:

My walk yesterday morning and my bike ride today were both exercises in nostalgia. Yesterday I walked up "the Ave" (University Avenue) and thru the UW campus. Today I rode my bike along the waterfront to Century Link Field, up through Chinatown, back up to the Pike Place Market and the Myrtle Edwards Park. I didn't take out my camera until I got to 4th and Main where the "Gasperetti's Roma Cafe" once stood. Gasperetti's was owned by my Uncle Bill Gasperetti, and I worked there from age 15 1/2 up to age 19? There's a new building there now, currently under construction. I found this Postcard photo with Google just now. I remember they had them by the Cashier, and I think that's my Uncle Bill and Aunt Marie coming out to their car. The thing that got me to pull out my camera was this group of new commemorative tiles along the sidewalk. Gordon Hirabayashi was a Japanese American Sociologist who at age 24 was imprisoned for disobeying the WWII internment order.





No comments:

Post a Comment