7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Friday, December 8, 2023

Dinner Date - We decided around 5/6pm yesterday to go to Banawa for a dinner date. Google said it was only 1.5 km and 4 minutes away, but yesterday was a holiday here, and it was a Friday, so the Jeepney Buses were full. Jeepneys too of course, but I have to watch my head when we get into one of those anyway because of my height. We hailed a taxi, and we had one of those meandering early to darken tropical evening taxi rides. I'm going to get out my GoPro one of these days and record one of those rides. We wandered around the Paseo Arcenas Center after our ride to Banawa, which took longer than Google said it would take of course :) We had a Vietnamese meal, missed out on the yummy looking Empenada's I wanted to get (they sold out and closed uo their booth before we returned), and bought some groceries at a newly opened Metro Gaisano grocery store there. We then proceeded to look for a taxi. That's when we realized that we were in a Filipino version of suburbia? Most of the cars parked in the Paseo Arcenas Center parking lot were privately owned cars, and taxis here were far and few between, even up on the main road. It took around 20 minutes or so to flag an empty one, but I enjoyed the people watching, and we had Ronald NcDonald behind us on the sidewalk. All and all, another pleasant evening in Cebu...

No comments:

Post a Comment