7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Monday, December 11, 2023

You don't get this in Bothell. We're walking home from shopping, and we stop at a cart filled with coconuts. "Two please". One of the guys knock on a coconut or 2 with his knuckles before he hears the sound he wants, and using his small bolo knife, hacks an opening in the top of it. He pours the coconut water into a plastic container and hands the husk to his partner, who then scrapes out the coconut shavings and dumps them into the water. Ditto the second coconut. p45 each, and we give them a hundred. Probably less expensive in the countryside, but we're happy customers! 45 peoso is 81cents US$ today. I'm having a glass now, as I go through my morning computer routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment