7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Saturday, December 30, 2023

I'm looking forward to going back to the Fuente Osmena Circle this evening with my good camera. We went inside the circle's park last night for the first time since they put up this year's xmas tree. New years Eve tonight, and non-stop Sinulog Festival happenings for the next month or so. Live music, barbecue, bright clored lights, smiling faces and picture takers. I love being in the center of the city like this, with our island in the sky. Just go downstairs, and there are so many things to explore and do close by. Crossing the road and getting into the circle park was interesting. I felt like a Wildebeast in a gathering group of many waiting for a few of us to step out first into the circle's traffic, making eye contact and and waving our hands in front of the cars and motorbikes..., and when we were in the middle of our thrust forward, out comes a guy with a yellow vest from the other side putting his hands up in front of the traffic. Haha. One thing here though, is that there are very few accidents. If you hit someone, off to jail you go, immediately. Swift punishment. My personal strategy, just like when I'm walking at home: I'm like a bobblehead, with my head looking right and left, again and again, making eye-contact with the drivers, and putting up my hands, etc. Insert praying hands emoji here...

No comments:

Post a Comment