7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Sunday, July 3, 2016

My walk yesterday morning and my bike ride today were both exercises in nostalgia. Yesterday I walked up "the Ave" (University Avenue) and back down thru the UW campus. Today I rode my bike along the waterfront to Century Link Field, up through Chinatown, back up to Pike Place Market and the Myrtle Edwards Park.


 I didn't take out my camera until I got to 4th and Main near Chinatown where the "Gasperetti's Roma Cafe" once stood. Gasperetti's was owned by my Uncle Bill Gasperetti, and I worked there from age 15 1/2 up to age 19? There's a new building there now, currently under construction. I found this Postcard photo with Google just now. I remember they had them by the Cashier, and I think that's my Uncle Bill and Aunt Marie coming out to their car:


















The thing that got me to pull out my camera was this group of new commemorative tiles along the sidewalk:

 Gordon Hirabayashi was a Japanese American Sociologist who at age 24 was imprisoned for disobeying the WWII internment order.

No comments:

Post a Comment