7Dec2022 - crlazlo meanderings 2 is now 2.1 - I will continue to use it as a preview/workspace for my FB posts, but I will also start organizing the many photos from my retirement years, and also start a journal/memories thing. That's the plan anyway.

Friday, July 29, 2016

Recalling my back-packing days from way back when, I remember that we could sit straight up only in the center of the tent. Also, depending on the weather and how good the rain-fly was, when you grazed the low sloping sides of the tent, you got wet. The good old days. Due to the fact that I'm cheap, and all of my hiking equipment disappeared over the past four decades, we carried up a 4-person Coleman tent. Big, and heavy, but it was a "Mansion" at the Trout Lake camping site, a Red mansion. You could almost stand up in the thing. I should have taken a picture from down on the trail below, showing it along with some of the other Regular hiking tents. Oh well. Here's my intrepid hiking partner sitting in our mansion, eating a peanut butter sandwich, and mulling over our next move...and a view in the morning, showing Trout Lake through the trees below us.





No comments:

Post a Comment